- Introduce and facilitate Energy Audits in Industries and promote targeted technical services.
- Encourage and promote better housekeeping and implementation of low-cost, fast payback energy conservation measures in industry.
- Promote energy efficient combustion processes, instrumentation and control and metering practices in industry.
- Develop MIS on Energy Efficiency Potentials indices; and BAT/BAP Best Available Energy Efficient Techniques
- Promote energy efficiency conservation modernization and revamps
- Support the deployment of cost-effective and environment friendly technologies for electricity production from Coal.
- Promote Co-Generation as a means to plug power deficits.
- Collaborate with WAPDA and utilities to devise and enforce efficient administrative and technical measures for promoting DSM and conservation projects/programs.
- Collaborate with power utilities in reducing T&D losses as well as energy loss reduction on the generation sides.
- Promote use of better fuel quality and quality automotive lubricants.
- Promote regular tune-ups of vehicles and energy efficient driving practices.
- Assist strengthening the institution of motor vehicle examiner at local levels.
- Facilitate local production and import of low-sulphur diesel fuel.
- Promote safe disposal of waste from automotive workshops.
- Promote cycling culture and pedestrianization.
- Promote CNG as preferred fuel; and local manufacture of CNG systems.
- Promote conservation in other modes of transportation like railways, shipping and aviation.
- Promote mass transit public transport systems and institute Fleet Management practices. Set model solutions for public transport.
- Encourage and facilitate introduction of energy audits in commercial and community buildings.
- Encourage adoption of energy efficient considerations in the household.
- Evaluate Building and Insulation materials for energy efficient characteristics.
- Encourage use of energy efficient equipment, fixtures and appliances in buildings.
- Develop/update a Building Energy Code for the country and institute measures for its compliance.
- Promote use of energy efficient HVAC and lighting practices in buildings.
- Develop appropriate database/MIS with respect to energy conservation in building.
- Promote energy efficient building design and ensure compliance with Building Energy Code.
- Promote Energy efficient agriculture tractor and farm machinery
- Promote Energy efficient tube wells and Water Pumping Stations.
- Coordinate/Integrate water pumping activities with proper water resources.
- Promote energy efficient practices through education, information dissemination, outreach and demonstration.
- Promote development and deployment of Biogas Units; Bring Livestock Farms and Diary Industry in the loop.
- Promote development and deployment of Solar Thermal technologies like solar water heater and solar desalinaters, driers etc.
- Promote development and deployment of cost- effective solar and wind energy technologies.
- Promote development of Micro and Mini-Hydel Plants.
- Promote use of new and alternate sources of energy wherever cost-effective and feasible.